Thursday, February 5, 2009

2:17am and all is well??


Well it looks like the Prednisone side effects are winning... INSOMNIA is a common side effect of the medication, and I'm one of the lucky ones whose asthma responds to the prednisone at the cost of sleep. One of the advantages of not sleeping is that I get to read about the possible other side effects.
  • "My brain won't shut up" I can relate to this when I wake after 3-4 hours sleep
  • Mood swings (my moods are always swinging, with or without the drug)
  • Moon face (my greatest nightmare) so far it's just a little puffy
  • Weight gain (I have a temporary excuse for my added pounds)
  • Hungry horrors (loved the 1/2 package of sugar wafers at 10pm last night)
  • Blurry vision (as long as it's temporary and doesn't hurt my laser vision)
A couple of weeks to go before I finish my dose. Good news is that while I'm in Vegas, I'll have something to do in the wee hours when the Moxie girls are sleeping - cha ching, cha ching!


On a happier note! Today's fiber adventure, a "felted stone rug" made of felted wool balls sewn together. I'm going to attempt to make one so I'll be making wool balls for a while (it takes >200 of them) or I might just make a mini rug for Doodle's dolls.


1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty picture of your hydrangeas! I thought it was one of your terrific needle felted pieces, though I guess it would be hard to get the transparent ice coating on the branches with needle felting. :-)

    ReplyDelete