Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wild Turkeys, Garden Wonders and Pretty Views

I had a fabulous time golfing at TPC Boston yesterday.

Not only did our team win 2nd Low Net, we also got to watch the construction of the staging and preparation for the upcoming Labor Day weekend Deutsche Bank Championship.

As an added bonus we also spotted some wild turkeys feasting in the fescue behind a sandtrap.




This morning while trying to get a little weeding done, I decided to dig up some potato plants that sprouted from last years potato plant area of the garden. I was so excited to see that potatoes can survive through the winter in the ground and regrow the following year... I fried them up for dinner - they were very yummy!



Today's golf adventure at Shaker Hills in Harvard, MA proved to be very enjoyable, at least for the first 14 holes. We teed off as a twosome an hour and a half after the prior groups and had the course to ourselves until we caught up to the foursome in front of us. We played the first 14 holes in less than 3 hours then our round came to a sudden halt. It took over an hour to finish the last four holes. One of my least favorite things in golf is having to wait - totally throws of the rhythm and raises blood pressure. Fortunately it was only for the last four holes. At least I got to snap a shot of a very pretty view.

Tomorrow's another day on the links - Wedgewood Pines in Stow - I hope to play better than today.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you deleted my comments again. The potatoes do look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I didn't delete any comments - must be some weird blogger bugs.

    ReplyDelete